Saturday, November 28, 2009

Changing of the Blog...

Monday the 23rd of November marked my last day of guiding (period). Over the past 8 years I have had some of the greatest experiences a person could asked for. I have seen incredible places, met amazing people and caught countless spectacular fish.

The one thing I will miss most about this job is the people that I have encountered. The wonderful people I have met have truly helped to shape me as I go through life's mold. Every single day and every single client had something to offer and learn from. I have become very close friends with many of you and hope that never changes.

Both Bill and Marilyn Kiene are some of my favorite people. They both have huge hearts and a desire to see other people succeed. Even though I only knew them for a few years they opened their doors to me and did everything they could to help me succeed. In addition to the two behind the scene was their incredible staff. I feel blessed to have met and fish with most of them. I have been in shops all over the place and this one is by far second to none. My hat is off to everyone under the Kiene's umbrella and I could not have done it without you.

Another huge thanks goes out to Keith Kaneko of Angling On The Fly who has his office in the back of Kiene's. Keith is one of the hardest working people I know. Whether guiding or making your travel dreams come true he does the best job humanly possible. Thanks for providing me the opportunities of a lifetime.

It has been my pleasure to guide you all on our local water and share with you some of the best fishing in the world. Every ounce my being loves being a fly fishing guide and watching people catch fish that make memories.

It makes me smile to know that many of you have photos on your desk, computer and at home of days spent on the water with me. I have over 7,000 pictures of fish from guided trips alone and I can remember each client and each fish like it was yesterday.

As for any other guides, outfitters, lodges and other industry folks out there it was a pleasure working with and for you. I worked with some of the best human beings on this planet and many of them helped me to get where I am today.

Being a fly fishing guide was always more to me than just showing people a good time on the river. Fly fishing is a way of life and all I can say is thank you for being part of my life.

As long as I live I will charrish the memories we created.

As for this blog I will continue to post past fishing pictures and hopefully some new ones. I will be peeking into the world of bass, carp, gar and redfishing in Texas and the neighboring states. Sadly, fly fishing will no longer be my occupation.

What's next? I am moving to Dallas, Texas to be with Amanda and start a new life. We are now engaged (as of yesterday) and will be driving to TX on the 29th of this month. We are both very excited to be together and stomp out our footprint in the soil of the real world. I will be seeking employment in the private sector and hope to explore the world of marketing.

Thanks again for everything and I will continue to read and contribute to the fine community of anglers.

Sincerely,
Ryan H. Miller
__________________
When in doubt, fish.

No comments: